Promoting or Marketing of an Ecommerce website can be a tricky job especially nowadays when the competition is ramping up very faster. Customers can be hard to win and very easier to lose. Fluctuating Marketing trends and emerge of the new competitors make this even worse. So, to avoid falling behind, one must need to aware about the latest trends in e-commerce and to prepare a strong SEO plan.
Here, we discuss about the best SEO strategies that can be helpful for effective Product Marketing.
• Keyword Research: Accurate keyword research is the foremost step of OnPage SEO. If you are looking for potential customer, you need to know what customers are particularly looking for and then include those keywords in your site. Try searching for long tail keywords according to the category and products which you want to promote. You can find keywords using various tools available like Google Keyword Planner, Bing Webmaster Tool’s Keyword Research etc.
• Site Architecture: As most of the ecommerce websites have large number of pages so Site Architecture is very important for all ecommerce website. Good Site Architecture allows you to know that how customer flows through your website. Creating a Bad user flow experience with your site architecture can hurt your SEO.
• Unique Description for each Product: The very first step for an effective SEO of ecommerce site is to create unique and relevant Product description and information about each and every product. It can include brief overview of product, its price, availability, Salient Features, Images of product, a video that describes the working of a product and its specifications. Also write unique Meta tags for the product page.
• Start using QUORA: Quora is the best website to derive enormous amount of traffic if used properly. It is a resource where people ask questions and queries about something. People will talk about anything from clothes to shoes to websites and many more. You can start answering to their questions with detailed and helpful information. You can also provide a link to your source that can help them.
• Start Guest Posting: Getting a link from a high quality online magazine or blog through Guest Posting can be very beneficial for your website. You can hire someone or do the guest posting by yourself. The main purpose of doing guest blogging is to get a link to your site without making it look like spam.
• Use Social networking Sites to derive more traffic: Create Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Instagram . Post regular updates and offers to engage your customers. Join Facebook groups, Google plus communities of relevant niche and start posting in them. Spreading out your Social Media presence gives your customers a way to connect with your company.
• Use Mobile friendly Website Design: Mobile friendly web design is a must for any ecommerce website. 6 out of 10 customers usually use mobile devices to browse websites, so it is recommended that website must be mobile friendly for better user interface.
• Use Google Data Studio for visualise Data: Google Data studio is a free tool that helps in getting the accurate Data analytics for shopping, purchase behaviour and product attribution Data from your website. These stats can help in analysing the performance data that derives the positive ROI.
• Make How to Videos for Showing Products: YouTube Channels and Vimeo are one of the best ways to connect with the customers. If you sell something like Vacuum Cleaners, a customer may not know about all of its functions. So a better way is to create a How to use video which gives them a proper presentation about how to use the product and what additional functions and specifications it have. These videos might bring them to your store and they will feel right about buying from you.
• Use more Product Photos: Most of the people likely to click a link if it has photos. So instead of using readymade photos from Google, consider taking your own professional photos of your products to keep your customers interested.
• Start using Forums: The best way to gain traffic and audience is through the forums. Join the industry specific forums and start participating in threads. Update your signature with a brief content that tells other members about yourself. You can also create your threads with some interesting topic. But remember; do not directly promote your products as it will be considered as spam.
• Ask your Customers to give positive reviews: Almost everyone buys something online because of its reviews and ratings. Product reviews provides social credibility and convince other customers to buy products based on user feedback.
I hope this list helps you in planning your marketing strategy for Ecommerce websites. Besides this, there is much more that you can do to increase your audience. With right Marketing Plan and proper SEO strategy, anything can be achieved.